There are days when you’d wake up to see the snow-clad peaks just outside the window, listen to the birds chirping, and walk out to see a flowing stream. You’d be accompanied by strangers for breakfast who’ll have amazing stories to share with you, and you too, will have something interesting to say! Once you wrap up your meal, you all will head out for a walk in the forest trails, to collect firewoods, while some might go to the nearby local school to spend some time with the kids. Some may stay back and cook lunch for all, and a few might go fishing! In the evening, you’ll all gather by the fire, singing songs in your own language – and dancing to the tunes of life! You’d savor the tastes of food cooked with love and sleep under the starlit sky, getting drunk on the eerie vibes of the place!
Sounds incredible, doesn’t it?
Away from the chaos and cacophony of the normal life, we all have our fair share of dreams – we all want a blissful life, with adventures and experiences that can make a mark on our journey! If you are one such wanderlustful person, wanting to break free and travel endlessly, then ‘Welcome to the Club, Mate’!
We’ve tried to collect the most fascinating & inspirational travel quotes by explorers, travelers, poets, philosophers, scientists and learned men, who all agreed to the fact that traveling makes us richer and helps us to grow in ways that are unimaginable!
1. “If you’re twenty-two, physically fit, hungry to learn and be better, I urge you to travel – as far and as widely as possible. Sleep on the floors if you have to. Find out how other people live and eat and cook. Learn from them – wherever you go.” – Anthony Bourdain.
2. “We leave something of ourselves behind when we leave a place, we stay there, even though we go away. And there are things in us that we can find again only by going back there.” – Pascal Mercier.
3. “You need not even listen, just wait…the world will offer itself freely to you, unmasking itself.” – Franz Kafka.
4. “You will never be completely at home again because part of your heart always will be elsewhere. That is the price you pay for the richness of loving and knowing people in more than one place.” – Miriam Adeney.
5. “A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving.” – Lao Tzu.
6. “A traveler without observation is a bird without wings.” – Moslih Eddin Saadi.
7. “All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.” – Martin Buber.
8. “If I’d learned one thing from traveling, it was that the way to get things done was to go ahead and do them. Don’t talk about going to Borneo. Book a ticket, get a visa, pack a bag, and it just happens.” ― Alex Garland.
9. “Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson.
10. “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” – Andre Gide.
11. “Remember that happiness is a way of travel – not a destination.” – Roy M. Goodman.
12. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” – Helen Keller.
13. “Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.” – Jack Kerouac.
14. “Once you have traveled, the voyage never ends, but is played out over and over again in the quietest chambers. The mind can never break off from the journey.” – Pat Conroy.
15. “The most beautiful in the world is, of course, the world itself.” – Wallace Stevens.
16. “The life you have led doesn’t need to be the only life you have.” – Anna Quindlen.
17. “Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.” – Dalai Lama.
18. “Jobs fill your pocket, but adventures fill your soul.” – Jamie Lyn Beatty.
19. “Blessed are curious for they shall have adventures.” – Lovelle Drachman.
20. “A kiss on the beach when there is a full moon is the closest thing to heaven.” – H. Jackson Brown Jr.
21. “It is better to travel well than to arrive.”- Buddha.
22. “A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes.
23. “The gladdest moment in human life is a departure into unknown lands.” – Sir Richard Burton.
24. “Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire.” – Jennifer Lee.
25. “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” – Gustav Flaubert.
26. “The open road is the school of doubt in which man learns faith in man.” ― Pico Iyer.
27. “And then there is the most dangerous risk of all — the risk of spending your life not doing what you want on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later.” – Randy Komisar.
28. “He who would travel happily must travel light.” – Antoine de St. Exupery.
29. “Travel and change of place impart new vigor to the mind.” – Seneca.
30. “Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life.” – Jack Kerouac.
31. “Take only memories, leave only footprints.” – Chief Seattle.
32. “All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.” – Martin Buber.
33. “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – Augustine of Hippo.
34. “Not all those who wander are lost.” – J.R.R. Tolkien.
35. “Without new experiences, something inside of us sleeps. The sleeper must awaken.” – Frank Herbert.
36. “Our happiest moments as tourists always seem to come when we stumble upon one thing while in pursuit of something else.” – Lawrence Block.
37. “Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail” – Ralph Waldo Emerson.
38. “Every man can transform the world from one of monotony and drabness to one of excitement and adventure.” – Irving Wallace.
39. “We travel, some of us forever, to seek other states, other lives, other souls.”- Anaïs Nin.
40. “We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm, and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” – Jawaharlal Nehru.
41. “I have found out that there ain’t no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them.”- Mark Twain.
42. “A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles.” -Tim Cahill.
43. “Like all great travelers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen.” – Benjamin Disraeli.
44. “To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.” – Aldous Huxley.
45. “Live your life by a compass, not a clock.” – Stephen Covey.
46. “Adventure is worthwhile.” – Aesop.
47. “No place is ever as bad as they tell you it’s going to be.” – Chuck Thompson.
48.. “Don’t tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you have traveled.” – Mohammed.
49.. “The life you have led doesn’t need to be the only life you have.” – Anna Quindlen.
50. “The journey is my home.” — Muriel Rukeyser.
51. “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” – Gustave Flaubert.
52. “The pleasure we derive from journeys is perhaps dependent more on the mindset with which we travel than on the destination we travel to.” – Alain de Botton.
53. “A ship in a harbor is safe, but it’s not what ships are built for.” – John A. Shedd.
54. “Once in a while, it really hits people that they don’t have to experience the world in the way they have been told to.” – Alan Keightley.
55. “I’m in love with cities I’ve never been to and people I’ve never met.” – John Green.
56. “A great way to learn about your country is to leave it.” – Henry Rollins.
57. “You don’t have to be rich to travel well. ” – Eugene Fodor.
58. “Own only what you can always carry with you: known languages, known countries, known people. Let your memory be your travel bag.” – Alexandr Solzhenitsyn.
59. “What you’ve done becomes the judge of what you’re going to do – especially in other people’s minds. When you’re traveling, you are what you are right there and then. People don’t have your past to hold against you. No yesterdays on the road.” – William Least Heat-Moon.
60. “Travel is never a matter of money but of courage.” – Paulo Coelho.
61. “Travel, at its best, transforms us in ways that aren’t always apparent until we’re back home. Sometimes we do leave our baggage behind, or, even better, it’s misrouted to Cleveland and is never heard from again.” – Eric Weiner.
62. “Two roads diverged in a wood and me – I took the one less traveled by.” – Robert Frost.
63. “There was nowhere to go but everywhere, so just keep on rolling under the stars.” – Jack Kerouac.
64. “Happiness is letting go of what you think your life is supposed to look like and celebrate it for everything that it is.” – Mandy Hale.
65. “Tourists don’t know where they’ve been, travelers don’t know where they’re going.” – Paul Theroux.
66. “I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.” – Mary Anne Radmacher.
67. “At its best, travel should challenge our preconceptions and most cherished views, cause us to rethink our assumptions, shake us a bit, make us broader minded and more understanding.” – Arthur Frommer.
68. “To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world.” – Freya Stark.
69. “I travel not to go anywhere but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.” – Robert Louis Stevenson.
70. “Wherever you go becomes a part of you somehow.” – Anita Desai.
71. “Take every chance you get in life because some things only happen once.” – Karen Gibbs.
72. “I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read on the train.” – Oscar Wilde.
73. “Good company in a journey makes the way seem shorter.” – Izaak Walton.
74. “I travel not to cross countries off a list, but to ignite passionate affairs with destinations.” – Nyssa P. Chopra.
75. “I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.” – Susan Sontag.
76. “Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends” – Maya Angelou.
77. “Adventure is a path. Real adventure, self-determined, self-motivated, often risky, forces you to have firsthand encounters with the world” – Mark Jenkins.
78. “The pleasure we derive from journeys is perhaps dependent more on the mindset with which we travel than on the destination we travel to” – Alain de Botton.
79. “We travel for romance, we travel for architecture, and we travel to be lost.” – Ray Bradbury.
80. “A person susceptible to ‘Wanderlust’ is not so much addicted to movement as committed to transformation.” – Pico Iyer.
81. “I travel because it makes me realize how much I haven’t seen, how much I’m not going to see, and how much I still need to see.” – Carew Papritz.
82. “We wander for distraction but we travel for fulfillment” – Hilaire Belloc.
83. “Traveling is not something you’re good at. It’s something you do. Like Breathing.” – Gayle Forman.
84. “Travel doesn’t become adventure until you leave yourself behind” – Marty Rubin.
85. “I can speak to my soul only when the two of us are off exploring deserts or cities or mountains or roads.” – Paulo Coelho.
86. “It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters in the end.” – Ursula K. Le Guin.
87. A journey is like marriage. The certain way to be wrong is to think you control it.” – John Steinbeck.
88. “We leave something of ourselves behind when we leave a place, we stay there, even though we go away. And there are things in us that we can find again only by going back there.” – Pascal Mercier.
89. “I see my path, but I don’t know where it leads. Not knowing where I’m going is what inspires me to travel it.” – Rosalia de Castro.
90. “Great things are done when men and mountains meet.” – William Blake.
91. “The impulse to travel is one of the hopeful symptoms of life.” – Agnes Repplier.
92. “Travel empties out everything you’ve into the box called your life, all the things you accumulate to tell you who you are” – Claire Fontaine.
93. “Travellers understand, instinctively and by experience, that travel and adventure change and elongate time, even while navigating the deadlines of airline and train departures.” – Paul Sheehan.
94. “Nobody can discover the world for somebody else. Only when we discover it for ourselves does it become common ground and a common bond and we cease to be alone.” – Wendell Berry.
95. “Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.” – Terry Pratchett.
96. “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.” – Marcel Proust.
97. “The farther you go, however, the harder it is to return. The world has many edges, and it’s easy to fall off.” – Anderson Cooper.
98. “The very basic core of a man’s living spirit is his passion for adventure. The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.” – Christopher McCandless.
99. “Every one of a hundred thousand cities around the world has its own special sunset and it was worth going there, just once, if only to see the sun go down.” – Ryū Murakami.
100. “Wherever you go, you take yourself with you.” – Neil Gaiman.
101. “There’s something about arriving in new cities, wandering empty streets with no destination. I will never lose the love for the arriving, but I’m born to leave.” –Charlotte Eriksson.
102. “We must go beyond textbooks, go out into the bypaths and untrodden depths of the wilderness and travel and explore and tell the world the glories of our journey.” – John Hope Franklin.
103. “Every dreamer knows that it is entirely possible to be homesick for a place you’ve never been to, perhaps more homesick than for familiar ground.” – Judith Thurman.
104. “Through travel, I first became aware of the outside world; it was through travel that I found my own introspective way into becoming a part of it.” – Eudora Welty.
105. “The traveler sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see.” – G.K. Chesterton.
106. “Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.” – Miriam Beard.
107. “Wandering re-establishes the original harmony which once existed between man and the universe.” – Anatole France.
108. “The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams.” – Oprah Winfrey.
109. “Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and celebrate the journey.” – Fitzhugh Mullan.
110. “You can’t control the past, but you can control where you go next.” – Kirsten Hubbard.
111. “The first condition of understanding a foreign country is to smell it.” – Rudyard Kipling.
112. “Experience, travel – these are as education in themselves” – Euripides.
113. “I soon realized that no journey carries one far unless, as it extends into the world around us, it goes an equal distance into the world within.” – Lillian Smith.
114. “We must go beyond textbooks, go out into the bypaths and untrodden depths of the wilderness and travel and explore and tell the world the glories of our journey.” – John Hope Franklin.
115. “When you travel, remember that a foreign country is not designed to make you comfortable. It is designed to make its own people comfortable.” – Clifton Fadiman.
116. “People travel to faraway places to watch, in fascination, the kind of people they ignore at home.” – Dagobert D. Runes.
117. “My travels led me to where I am today. Sometimes these steps have felt painful, difficult, but led me to greater happiness and opportunities.” – Diana Ross.
118. “The impulse to travel is one of the hopeful symptoms of life.” – Agnes Repplier.
119. “To get to know a country, you must have direct contact with the earth. It’s futile to gaze at the world through a car window.” – Albert Einstein.
120. “With age, comes wisdom. With travel, comes understanding.” — Sandra Lake.
121. “Take the time to put the camera away and gaze in wonder at what’s there in front of you.” – Erick Widman.
122. “May your adventures bring you closer together, even as they take you far away from home.” – Trenton Lee Stewart.
123. “Travelling tends to magnify all human emotions.” – Peter Hoeg.
124. “When a man is a traveler, the world is his house and the sky is his roof, where he hangs his hat is his home, and all the people are his family.” – Drew Bundini Brown.
125. “To move, to breathe, to fly, to float, To gain all while you give, To roam the roads of lands remote: To travel is to live.” – Hans Christian Andersen.
126. “Still round the corner, there may wait, a new road or a secret gate.” – J. R. R. Tolkien.
127. “Nothing lasts forever, except the day before you start your vacation.” – Gayland Anderson.
128. “It is a big and beautiful world. Most of us live and die in the same corner where we were born and never get to see any of it. I don’t want to be most of us.” – Oberyn Martell, Game of Thrones.
129. “If we were meant to stay in one place, we’d have roots instead of feet” – Rachel Wolchin.
130. “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people just exist.” – Oscar Wilde.
131. “A year from now, you will wish you had started today.” – Karen Lamb.
132. “A wise traveler never despises his own country.” – Carlo Goldoni.
133. “The road is there, it will always be there. You just have to decide when to take it.” – Chris Humphrey.
134. “We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” – Robert Louis Stevenson.
135. “There is no moment of delight in any pilgrimage like the beginning of it.” – Charles Dudley Warner.
136. “The use of traveling is to regulate imagination by reality, and instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are.” – Samuel Johnson.
137. “One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.” – Henry Miller.
138. “Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life.” – Dolly Parton.
139. “If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life, it stays with you, for Paris is a movable feast.” – Ernest Hemingway.
140. “Paris is always a good idea.” – Audrey Hepburn.
141. “If you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it. If you don’t ask, the answer is always no. If you don’t step forward, you are always in the same place.” — Nora Roberts.
142. “The best way to know a city is to eat it.” – Scott Westerfeld.
143. “Every mountain top is within reach if you just keep climbing.” – Barry Finlay.
144. “What gives value to travel is fear. It breaks down a kind of inner structure we all have.” – Elizabeth Benedict.
145. “If all difficulties were known at the outset of a long journey, most of us would never start out at all.” – Dan Rather.
146. “Borders…? I have never seen one… But I have heard they exist in the minds of some people…” – Thor Heyerdahl.
147. “Some beautiful paths can’t be discovered without getting lost.” — Erol Ozan.
148. “The world is full of wonderful things you haven’t seen yet. Don’t ever give up on the chance of seeing them.” — J.K. Rowling.
149. “Adventure can be an end in itself. Self-discovery is the secret ingredient.” — Grace Lichtenstein.
150. “You must go on adventures to find out where you belong.” — Sue Fitzmaurice.
151. “Two great talkers will not travel far together.” – Spanish Proverb.
152. “Traveling solo does not always mean you’re alone. Most often, you meet marvelous people along the way and make connections that last a lifetime.” — Jacqueline Boone.
153. “I travel because I become uncomfortable in being too comfortable.” — Carew Papritz.
154. “Because the greatest part of a road trip isn’t arriving at your destination. It’s all the wild stuff that happens along the way.” — Emma Chase.
155. “I guess the lesson is you can’t go everywhere. You should still go everywhere you can.” — Charles Finch.
156. “Life is beautiful if you are on the road to somewhere.” — Orhan Pamuk.
157. “Travel is the best teacher. The only way to an open mind is by taking a plane out into the open world.” — C. JoyBell C.
158. “Travel opens your mind as few other things do. It is its own form of hypnotism, and I am forever under its spell.” — Libya Bray.
159. “Nothing develops intelligence like travel.” – Emile Zola.
160. “I like to believe that the road is sharpening my mind and lengthening my life with surprise.” ― Gloria Steinem.
161. “Uncertainty and anticipation are the joys of travel.” – Ken Hundert.
Like a friend once mentioned, “Traveling is a decision before a destination,” we believe that all it takes is just that one second of igniting the courage to step out, and once we do so, there’s no looking back! No matter whether it’s the first-ever solo trip to another city close by or a vacation abroad, maybe a volunteering trip to your dream destination or just another journey of exploration – head out, and it’s gonna be amazing!
So all you wonderful people stuck in life there – buckle up & set yourself free, feel the courage to buy a ticket, wander around & get a tan, fall in love with the world out there & experience all the amazing things that are there in store for you!
(Also, if you’ve any favorite travel quote that you’d wanna share, write it down in the comments below 🌎👣😊)